While the coronavirus pandemic has brought about many changes within our community, buying or selling a home is still an essential part of life for many people. With restrictions beginning to be lifted on many industries, including real estate, it is important to know what the home search process will look like while we are still navigating the ever-changing environment of this pandemic. During this time, the California Association of Realtors has implemented new rules for home showings that will help keep buyer’s and seller’s minds at ease. If you are in the process of buying or selling a home during this time, here is what the steps of an in-person showing will look like as California begins its stages of reopening.
- All showings will be done through scheduled appointments and only one “buying party” will be allowed to view a property at a time.
- Before your showing begins, a PEAD-V form must be signed by all visitors as an agreement to comply with “Rules for Showings” as listed below, and that all visitors, to the best of their knowledge, are not showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Following the “Rules for Showings” that are posted at each property, every home will be equipped with hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and face masks that all visitors will use upon arrival.
- The property will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each showing. All commonly used surfaces such as counters, door handles, light switches, and more will be cleaned.
- Windows and doors will remain open in good weather to provide fresh air and minimize clients touching surfaces.
- Disposable face coverings or gloves will be safely disposed of after each showing.
The new guidelines should be enforced at each of your scheduled showings to ensure the health and safety of the buying and selling parties. By abiding by these rules, you can feel more confident about continuing your home search in the safest way possible, but if you still do not feel comfortable visiting a home in person, ask your agents about how to virtually view a home you are interested in.